Online catalogue Pallas
Pallas allows the reader to search the archives, the library and the audiovisual collections of Cegesoma with a few mouse clicks.
It is possible to search the different document collections and archives of Cegesoma, or to select one or more documentary entities. With regard to the archive collections the context is always available which allows, other than via the classic thematic search methods, to view the structure of the archives by browsing the collections. For the inventories of the separate archives, open the pdf document at the end of the description or tick off the +touch before the description in "browse the archives".
The ultimate objective is to integrate the collections of Cegesoma. The following collections are already accessible :
- The archive collections: all descriptions on fund level and higher, and all the inventories. If you wish to consult an inventory of a specific fund, click on "show in context" and the open the lower levels OR click on the pdf-link in the sub-section "See also" at the end of the description of the fund. Some archive collections have already been digitized. Click here to consult them.
- All the descriptions of the manuscripts.
- Nearly all the descriptions of the books and brochures.
- 90% of the descriptions of the periodicals.
- All the descriptions of the press cuttings.
- The descriptions, but also the digitized reproductions of all the tracts (14,000 images).
- The descriptions, but also the digitized reproductions of approximately 300,000 photographs.
- The descriptions, but also the digitized reproductions of approximately 60% of the poster collection.
- 5% of the descriptions of interviews made by the researchers at the CEGESOMA.
All the descriptions of the photographs are available in French and Dutch. This is also the case for the highest levels of archive descriptions; the others are written in the language of the cataloguer
If you have a specific request concerning the history of the Second World War or the conflicts of the twentieth century please contact Lieven Saerens.