To Deposit your Documents at Cegesoma
Cegesoma keeps privately produced archives and documents of natural or legal persons (private persons, associations, companies, etc.) that can contribute to highlight the history of the great conflicts and turning points at the political, social and cultural levels of the twentieth century.
To entrust your documents to CEGESOMA not only guarantees their long-term conservation but also contributes to the historical research by historians and readers who visit the institution.
CEGESOMA commits itself to keep your archival documents, books, manuscripts, tracts, posters, photographs, sound documents, etc. It does not keep museum objects nor film reels which require different conservation conditions.
To entrust your documents to Cegesoma there are several possibilities:
- A gift: you donate your documents to our institute thus guaranteeing their long-term conservation by integrating them in the public archives.
- The deposit: you entrust your documents to our institute for a period of 30 years, but you retain ownership.
- Digitisation: depending on the number of documents and their supports, you can entrust your them to us for a certain period. Our digitization workshop will then make a high resolution scan. The original and/or a copy will then be returned to you.
The conditions for a deposit or a gift that are listed in the different types of contract can be adjusted to each particular case.
For more information, please contact:
- For visual and sound documents: Florence Gillet
- For paper archives: Mathieu Roeges
- For books and periodicals: Alain Colignon