- Under reserve of further guidelines by the National Security Council, the State Archives/CegeSoma re-opens its reading rooms in two phases:
- As from 26 May 2020, students and Ph.D. students whose academic activities require the use of archives are granted access to the reading rooms of the State Archives upon appointment and under the condition that they wear a face mask. Reservation of workspace in the reading room must be made by e-mail to the State Archives in question at least 2 workdays before the visit. You can find the contact details of our services here. Students must produce a valid student ID and Ph.D. students must show proof of their doctoral studies at a scientific research fund, a university or a scientific institution.
- Provided that the public health situation in the country allows it, all reading rooms of the State Archives/CegeSoma will re-open as from Tuesday 16 June 2020 for the general public.
- The State Archives/CegeSoma shall of course take all necessary precautions to ensure the security of both visitors and staff. The number of available workspaces in the reading rooms depends on the individual configuration of the premises and shall be limited accordingly.
- In the meantime, we continue to provide minimum service to the maximum extent and to increase our online offer of archives and finding aids.
- In order to somewhat alleviate the effects of the long closure of our reading rooms, all scheduled repository inventorying activities for 2020 are cancelled.
- All public events, such as colloquia, group visits, receptions, book presentations, training, etc. organised by the State Archives until 15 June 2020 included are cancelled.
- Transports and deliveries will progressively resume on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, provided that security distances can be respected.
During the period in which our reading room is closed, you can still carry out some research online via our digital reading room, for instance:
- The general catalogue of PALLAS can be accessed here.
- The content descriptions for a number of archive holdings and collections can be found here.
- Some digitised documents can be accessed online.
- Thematic help files for research can be accessed via "How to start a search?"
For urgent requests you can send an e-mail to email@example.com
You can stay informed about further developments via our website and via Facebook.